Sutter Tracy Surgical Services
Sutter Tracy Community Hospital is home to one of the area’s most technologically advanced surgical units. We continue to add new physicians to our health care team and provide new services to meet the growing needs of our community.
Our surgical team consists of specially trained surgical nurses and support staff, working alongside the skilled surgeons and anesthesiologists who practice at Sutter Tracy. A number of these physicians perform state of art surgical techniques giving our patients access to the latest medical breakthroughs close to home.
Our 10,000 square-foot Outpatient Surgical Center includes 12 outpatient rooms, a two-room gastrointestinal (GI) suite and a dedicated pediatric patient room. Spacious private recovery areas reduce noise and give patients greater privacy. Four operating rooms boast high tech equipment. Highly skilled physicians perform orthopedic, gynecological, gastrointestinal and other surgeries here on a "short-stay" basis, with most patients able to return to the comfort of their own home the same day. A large, comfortable waiting area includes a separate section for children complete with children’s movies, toys and games.
Sutter Tracy is committed to bringing the best and brightest physicians and the latest advances in medicine to our community. We also provide our staff with the training and expertise to support them. We are proud to be affiliated with many remarkable local physicians who are at the forefront of their field. A number of these physicians are trained in sophisticated surgical procedures and minimally invasive techniques that result in less pain and faster recovery times than traditional surgical methods.
Several of the advanced procedures available at Sutter Tracy are unavailable elsewhere or performed by only a handful of experts in the Tri-Central Valley area, including:
- Bladder control procedures, including pelvic floor reconstruction and the Medtronic InterStim® Therapy device that regulates urinary function
- Brachytherapy, a minimally invasive treatment for prostate cancer
- Endoscopic decompression and nucleoplasty to help relieve agonizing pain caused by herniated discs
- Lithotripsy, ultrasound treatment to break up bladder or kidney stones so they can be easily passed from the body
- Minimally Invasive Sinus Surgery
- Uterine balloon therapy to treat the lining of the uterus to control heavy periods