COMMUNITY HEALTH & WELLNESS FAIR
Saturday, September 27, 2014 – 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Located at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital (directions).
Join us for an event that is dedicated to the health of all ages! Connect with resources and services that are committed to a healthier you and a stronger community. Please note: Fair ends promptly at 1:00 p.m. Allow time to visit all booths. No pets please.
DON’T MISS THIS ...
- FREE flu shots for anyone 36 months of age and older.
First come, first served. Supplies may be limited.
- Health insurance information. Learn more about Covered California, Medi-Cal, Medicare and how to get enrolled.
- Healthy lifestyle resources
- D.A.R.E Youth activities
FREE vouchers for full eye exam and glasses for the first 300 people who qualify. All services will be provided confidentially regardless of immigration status.
Qualifying Criteria for Vision Vouchers:
- (List Description: Qualifying Criteria for Vision Vouchers)
- No vision insurance (Applicants will be screened for insurance coverage)
- Applicant must demonstrate on the application their need for assistance.
- Applicant has not had a vision exam within the last 12 months.
Here is what you will find at the fair!
Free Health Screenings*:
- Anemia (Hemoglobin finger stick)
- Asthma (Pulmonary Function Tests – PFT)
- Blood pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Breast exams
- Foot exams
- Spinal & Posture Analysis
Resources For a Healthy Lifestyle:
Chat with medical professionals and agencies dedicated to helping everyone reach their personal goals.
- Car Seat Safety Checks
- Colon Cancer Education
- Diabetes Management
- Mental Health
- Oral Hygiene
- Social Services
- Pain Management
- Recreational Activities
- Stress Reduction
Drug Abuse Resistance Education - D.A.R.E Activities:
Join us as we support the projects of local D.A.R.E. students.
- Shoe collection for Soles4Soles – Donate shoes (new & used) to help our neighbors in need all around the world.
- Community Yard Sale – Purchase some items to support Tracy Volunteer Caregivers
Fun for all Ages:
- Youth Activities – Kids are invited to play educational games and earn prizes.
- Junior Firefighter Challenge – Children suit up for “combat” and navigate a fire safety obstacle course.
- Jump Rope Contest – Be the winner in your age category!
- Spinning Wheels – Various agencies will provide educational fun and prizes.
Come check out the local talent performances that show how fun it is to stay active.
Food & Refreshments (for purchase):
Eating healthy at a fair is possible! Come enjoy some tasty options that are good for you.
New this year:
- Mobile Dairy – All ages are welcome to attend a milking demonstration and learn more about how milk goes from the cow to the refrigerator.
- Water Booth – Know your daily intake needs and Rethink Your Drink!
- Lion’s Club Eye Foundation – Do you have any old glasses you can donate? If so, bring them to the fair and drop them off with a local Lion’s Club member to share the gift of sight with others.
* Note: All available services are subject to change.
Please call, 209-832-6511 for more information.