Volunteers have played an important role at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital for almost 70 years. In 2014, more than 130 hospital volunteers ages 15 to 88 donated almost 19,000 hours of their time, energy and talent.
Cheers to Our Volunteers!
Sutter Tracy values its volunteers and views them as real partners in achieving our mission to make a difference in the health of our community. Our hospital volunteers contribute every day by:
- Greeting guests and answering questions
- Transporting patients in wheel chairs
- Re-connecting families, patients and staff after outpatient surgery or the birth of a baby
- Working in the hospital Gift Shop, raising money for scholarships and the purchase of medical equipment
- Leading hospital tours for school children
- Making baby bonnets, puppets and stockings for newborns and children in the hospital
- Assisting staff in various departments and with community events, such as the Children’s Health & Safety Fair, Run for the Ribbon and Women’s Health Fair, and the Festival of Trees
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, make new friends and give back to the community. Whether you want to use your skills or learn new skills, explore health care careers or share your time and talents, we have room for you! As a volunteer, you can feel a sense of accomplishment and pride.
For more information,
Junior Volunteer Program
Junior Volunteers provide valuable assistance to the hospital. Through the Junior Volunteer Program, young people can feel a sense of accomplishment while gaining work experience or exploring career options. Junior volunteers perform non-medical duties, assisting patients and hospital staff in ways such as:
- Delivering materials to patients or between departments
- Directing visitors throughout the facility
- Answering visitor questions
- Providing clerical/administrative assistance
The program is offered to students at least 15 years of age who must commit to working a minimum of 100 hours within a school year. Two-hour shifts are available Monday through Friday from 2 to 7 p.m., and four-hour shifts are available on weekends and during the summer.
For more information, call 209-833-2328.